Thursday, February 17, 2011

A sacrifice that's totally worth it

           I remember the first day I started my piloting course and I was so happy I was literally jumping and hopping to the plane for my first flying session. It all changed right after the main gear of the ever so beautiful Cessna 152 lifted off the ground. You know the first up in the air experience. It was so scary my heart beats so fast and I keep thinking of the plane's nose conked on the ground. The weather doesn't really help too,the wind was blowing so fast and gusts like nobody's business.
        A week after that I got happy and excited again when I finally get used to the feeling of being up in the air. Then it was fun again training and I was excited for school everyday and all pumped up to get my solo flying approval. In that part of training I learned on how to do a proper airplane take-off,how to land it safely,and here comes the fun part,practicing stalls,spins,slow flights,unusual attitude and all the maneuvering training.
  
 When it was all done I finally get my solo approval. After that it was just circuits all the way for about 2 weeks to make sure I can land the plane properly. The feeling was just unexplainable!
    
    When all the fun part is finished here comes the part where I was down to the ground and was helpless,kind of thinking of giving up. Ground studies really put me back to the ground and make me realize that flying is not as easy as it seems. To be a pilot takes more than the ability to fly a plane. I struggled to pass the written exam and what I know is I cant really focus on studies and can get side tracked so easily.

   What i can say is,all this experience has made me a different person. Not totally different (I still am as what I am before but just better)! ;)

    Those sleepless nights,happy,sad,scary moments where I thought I was really gonna die was really worth it when I received this little blue book from my instructor. Yes,totally worth it. All of it.



No comments: